Expressing Advice Index
Expressing at work
Facilities needed for expressing at work
- A clean, warm room with a low, comfortable chair. If the door cannot be locked you can put a sign on it to ensure privacy. You may want to discuss with your employer which room you could use, such as the First Aid Room. The bathroom is not a suitable place.
- An electric outlet for an electric pump if necessary.
- Hand washing facilities nearby.
- A hygienic area where you can clean your pump and store your sterilizing equipment.
- A fridge for storing milk. If this is difficult, a well-insulated cool bag is an altenative.
These facilities are not always available and a creative and flexible approach may be needed.